Saturday, October 19, 2013

The Dreaded Couch Wall

I've finally addressed the empty wall behind the couch:

 
(Yes, I've been on a decorating-the-house kick, since about January.) I've been wanting to do something easy, cheap and with large impact. I don't ask for much, do I? I wracked my brain for ages before finally coming up with a very simple solution.
 
Want a hint? A big one?
 
 
 
A little beauty from The Lettered Cottage.
 
I drooled over this picture for months before it hit me - it's the perfect fix for that big wall! I've always loved plates on the wall (well, at least since I was 17 and, thanks to my wonderful Mother, started collecting pictures of interiors that I liked.). Not only that, it's easy, and I already had all the plates I needed!
 
Once I made up my mind, I started seeing plate walls everywhere:

 
Love the color at Domestic Imperfection.

 
Around the corner at View Along the Way.
 
So, mine is definitely not original, but I love how it turned out! Coming soon - how I did it, and how it looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment